Code of Conduct
There are five independent regional gelatin associations worldwide:
The Gelatin Manufactures Institute of America (GMIA) est. 1956.
The South American Gelatin Manufactures Association (SAGMA) est. 1995.
The Gelatin Manufacturers of Asia Pacific (GMAP) est. 1997.
The Gelatin Manufacturers of Japan (GMJ).
The above associations are comprised of the major gelatin manufacturers in their regions and collectively represent the vast majority of the gelatin industry worldwide.
Their members individually confirm the quality and safety of their gelatin.
The quality of their raw material is:
- Derived from healthy animals slaughtered that have been determined fit for human consumption by competent Authority.
- Traceable from its source through to the gelatine manufactured.
The manufacturing and marketing of their gelatin is:
- In compliance with the highest safety requirements of national and international standards such as ISO 9000, HACCP and GMP.
- In compliance with the regulations, legislation and authorities applicable to the region or country of sale.
- In compliance with and conforming to local environmental, social and ethical regulations and standards.